A Minimalist Python Web Framework
return "Hello World!"
index.exposed = True
CherryPy is a pythonic, object-oriented web framework
CherryPy allows developers to build web applications in much the same way they would build any other object-oriented Python program. This results in smaller source code developed in less time.
CherryPy is now more than seven years old and it is has proven to be very fast and stable. It is being used in production by many sites, from the simplest to the most demanding.
- A fast, HTTP/1.1-compliant, WSGI thread-pooled webserver.
- Easy to run multiple HTTP servers (e.g. on multiple ports) at once.
- A powerful configuration system for developers and deployers alike.
- A flexible plugin system.
- Built-in tools for caching, encoding, sessions, authorization, static content, and many more.
- Swappable and customizable...everything.
- Built-in profiling, coverage, and testing support.
- Runs on Python 2.5+, 3.1+, PyPy, Jython and Android.
Each time we change our codebase, a test runs so you can see the results here.
CherryPy is an open-source project, thus, welcoming contributions.
If you are interested you may:
- Fork CherryPy on BitBucket here and submit pull-request with your modifications.
- Join us on the IRC #cherrypy channel on the OFTC network.
- Subscribe to the CherryPy users mailing list.